Thursday, 24 January 2013

Kids not fans of Spaghetti Squash

Dinner: chicken thighs, roasted potatoes, spaghetti squash with kidney beans and roasted red peppers, carrot sticks.

On the positive side- no one was crawling all over me at the table today, and I actually got to eat.  HOWEVER it was an unsuccessful experiment day!!  The boys were picky, and began complaining when they saw the meal- I nipped that in the bud, and reminded them of the no-complaining rule.  They stopped complaining but they picked at their food.  No after-dinner treats tonight. :(

Terrek ate a few potatoes, and a little chicken.  He had one or two bites of a carrot stick, he did not touch the spaghetti squash and he flung the one single, solitary kidney bean that I placed on his plate.

Patrick ate two helpings of chicken, no potatoes, no spaghetti squash, no carrot sticks, no bean.

Evelyn ate chicken and some potatoes, half a carrot stick, no spaghetti squash and no bean.

Maybe they just weren't that hungry?  Maybe they are deathly afraid of spaghetti squash???

No comments:

Post a Comment