Lunch: whole wheat english muffins with canned salmon on top and mozzarella cheese. (Salmon blended with celery and mayo in the blender). Milk to drink.
Patrick asked "what's for lunch?"
I said, "english muffins with salmon." (At this point they didn't have any cheese on them).
"Woo-hoo!" he said, excited. That made me pretty happy. Then he climbed up at the table and looked at his english muffin with salmon on it. "Eeeew. I don't like it," he said, and he pushed his plate away so it collided with Evelyn's and Terrek's waiting plates. He sat there in a grump for a few minutes, and I carried about my business, pretending not to notice.
Evelyn refused to sit in her high chair, as she's decided she's too big for it now, and sat in a regular chair. "Sit there, that!" she exclaimed, pointing to the big chair. Her little chin just comes above the table, but as long as she's happily eating, and she doesn't slide off the chair and smash her head, then I'm happy. (Our kitchen chairs are the tall-tall bar stool type of a chair). She began sticking her finger in the salmon and licking it off. Terrek was playing with the camera and didn't want to come to the table.
I had a suggestion, "Patrick, do you want cheese on top?"
"Yes," he responded. I sprinkled on shredded mozzarella cheese, and popped it into the toaster oven to melt it. When I presented it to him the second time, he reluctantly took a teeny-tiny bite. "I don't like it!" he proclaimed with a convincing scowl. I began to go into the same old speech...when he shouted out, "Just joking! I like it!" He proceeded to eat one and a half english muffins with salmon and cheese and he drank all his milk. (We never have a problem when it comes to dairy).
Terrek joined us at the table and just stared at his english muffin with salmon. "I don't like it."
"Do you want cheese on it?" I asked.
"I want mine just with cheese, no salmon," said Terrek.
"No, that's what's for lunch," I said. I put the cheese on his and Evelyn's who decided to join in on the cheese band-wagon.
"Chee! Chee!" she demanded. Evelyn had scrapped off most of the salmon from her english muffin by now and licked it off her fingers. She finished off her lunch by eating just the cheese, and leaving the english muffin. Terrek just stared at his and let it get cold.
"I'm not hungry," he said.
"Can I have cornflakes now?" asked Patrick. He had eaten a great snack of pear, and wholesome lunch so I had no hesitation.
"Of course you can!" I said. Of course, Evelyn wanted cornflakes too.
"Can I have cornflakes?" asked Terrek. Wanting to keep things positive, I answered,
"Yes! You can have cornflakes as soon as you eat your lunch." I motioned to his english muffin.
"I don't want cornflakes," he said, leaving the table.
Plan status: Patrick- successful
Evelyn- mostly successful
Terrek- unsuccessful
Note: cornflakes for dessert is A-okay with me! (much better than cookies or jello).
Note: Several hours later, Terrek ended up eating his english muffin, and a piece of raisin bread, an oatmeal strawberry muffin and a glass of chocolate milk. The waiting game worked this time around! Ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment