Dinner: scallop linguini in cream sauce and salad.
All I can say is yum, yum, delicious! And everyone was cheerful, cooperative and sat at the table!!! I was all ready to get out the egg timer, and give Terrek a time frame where he was expected to remain at the table for twenty minutes, however I didn't have to resort to that strategy. Everyone sat at the table willingly and for a reasonable length of time today. Yay! Party for Mommy! We even had ambiance music. (Suitable for a party). Terrek was singing to us with a bucket on his head- enjoying the echoing sound it made.
This was the kids' first time having scallops, although they are familiar with shrimp (they all love it). They were skeptical at first at these strange new white lumps on their plate- but I explained that scallops are like shrimp, and they eased into the idea...gently.
The boys- are not too keen on sauce (as mentioned before). Patrick, however didn't mind this cream sauce. He gobbled everything up and had three helpings of scallops. Evelyn also loved the scallops. "More that!" she said, having three servings as well. Terrek initially had a positive reaction to the scallops, although he expressed concern about the sauce on them and the noodles. He asked me to wash the sauce off his food, but I shook my head. "This is what's for dinner," I said. (I have to admit I have done this in the past- I've washed the sauce off chicken wings in order for him to eat them) Despite the sauce, Terrek ate about half of everything.
At last call for food time, Terrek came back to the table and began eating. He explained his cueing system to me.
"If I don't like it, I chew like this" (really slowly)
"If I like it, I chew like this" (medium paced)
"If I like it a lot, I chew like this" (medium paced, with smile)
"If I really don't like it, I chew like this" (extremely fast as if to get it over with)
He began chewing pretty fast, but he finished everything and then asked for the famous peanut butter and jam sandwich.
Terrek continued to eat an entire peanut butter and jam sandwich and a bowl of oatmeal. Patrick ate a peanut butter and jam wrap, then a peanut butter and jam sandwich and finally a bowl of oatmeal. Evelyn ate half a peanut butter and jam wrap and half a bowl of oatmeal.
Holy cow! They all must have been growing today. (Or maybe they just worked up an appetite from all the Gangam Style dancing and singing they did just prior...)
Plan status: successful
Label status: Labels still stuck on Patrick
Amendment: Change plan status to UNSUCCESSFUL for Terrek for today. (I'm writing this the day after). Rosemarie found five scallops scattered on the floor near Terrek's chair. When I approached him about this, he admitted fully to throwing the scallops on the floor because he didn't want to eat them, and he didn't like them, but he wanted his peanut butter sandwich. Yikes! Trickery and deceit. I will have to watch him more carefully! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment