Dinner: Bean bread, salad, french onion soup & chicken wings, milk
News Flash: Patrick ate a strawberry. Unfortunately I missed the event, as I was at work and it happend with Rosemarie, super nanny. She said she offered him apple slices, blueberries or strawberries. (He NEVER eats any berries- his normal choice would be the apple slices). Rosemarie said he was eyeing the strawberries, then chose one and ate it. He was so proud of himself! When I got home, that was the first thing he had to tell me. He was expecting hugs and praise from me, and that's just what he got. "Did you like it?" I asked. He said he did, but he didn't want anymore. (Evelyn and Terrek were polishing off their second bowl of strawberries at this time). This is progress!!
Dinner tonight went pretty smoothly- although the chicken wings were too spicy and they all had to be washed off in order for the kids to tolerate them.
The bean bread was a hit. The kids thought it was regular freshly made whole wheat buns- couldn't tell that navy bean puree was baked inside. Rosemarie made a big batch- left overs for breakfast tomorrow!
I gave Terrek a tiny-baby-mini-bowl of soup. (I knew he wouldn't like it and he didn't). It was painful for him to get two teaspoons down. I didn't even give him any actual onions- just broth, soaked bread crumbs and melted havarti cheese. (Totally delicious for me!) Patrick and Evelyn loved the soup. Especially Patrick who asked for seconds, and gobbled it down with huge mouthfuls.
Patrick and Terrek both struggled with their chicken wings. We only gave them one each, but they were very reluctant. They each ended up picking at them, in order to get the go-ahead for chocolate chip cookies that we had left over from the birthday party on the weekend. (Not without a crying fit from Patrick and a time out). I keep reminding him that he doesn't have to eat it, but just no dessert. He's having some trouble with this concept...he eventually came around. Evelyn loved the chicken wings, however, and asked for seconds "More bone! More bone!" she said.
Plan status: successful
Label status: One label still on Patrick
No comments:
Post a Comment